Monday 1 June 2015

genius hour reflections

   Sahil nanda video games humanitys 8 block,4


Proposal
The thing I want to learn is, how, EA Sports gets the perfect movement in their character. The new thing I will learn is how computer editing works and how certain commands on the computer can make a background or a shape appear.


Rationale
I want to learn how to make a video game because I have always been into how video games work, why they are so real looking. I wish to accomplish maybe how to make my own small computer video game.


Connection
Human Ingenuity


This project is more of an artistic thing because you have to learn how the computer reacts to kicking a ball, how to pass a ball, how to jump, etc. Then you have to move all of the skills, just learned, into a robot where he can react to all of the new moves and programing, the robot just learned. And after that a designer has to make a figure around a robot, which will make it look like a life like character.  


Audience
I think my audience will be the robotics club because this has to do with technology. And a lot of people are interested in how video games work and how you can control the player in the games. The robotics club can also follow along if they know what small words mean like CG.


Estimated timeline
I think I can work on this project 1 hr a day. Because I have to work on
my everyday homework, basketball practice, games every Tuesday, practice every Thursday and then drum class every Wednesday.


Resources
I will need a computer and I will maybe setup a small skype call with my uncle in India because he is a software engineer. When he came to visit
me he knew a lot about how my ps4 works and what has been done to make my game to work.


Process log and reflection
I will most likely log on google drive, it's a lot simpler to log and I am on my laptop often so I will never forget.


Peer review
I will do my peer review when my project is close to almost finished, so I can change what I need to and I will be ready with a good project.








first i did my proposal with my original plane and thoughts
next i went to research this took me a week to finish
after that i worked on my prize for a visual aid that the audience can refer too
next i worked on my speech
after that i did my peer review
then my presentation


my thoughts on my genius hour was i did better on it then most of my other presentation i did int look at my paper as much what helped with keeping my eyes on the audience. research was a bit difficult because of not having the exact names of the cameras and suits. but over all i was happy with the presentation

Ethan 
did int read notes
add total cost
how much time dose it take
other ways
who invented it and why

lucy
try demonstration
well memorized
seems well researched
who is it targeted towards


my presentation
https://prezi.com/rbapmzkl1jwo/what-is-mo-cap

parents feedback

easy to understand
enough information
well thought out
more pictures
expand on how movies were made
thought out nicely


No comments:

Post a Comment